ABOUT THE SOFTWARE
The ideal OCR solution for Mac users
ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac is a powerful, professional OCR solution that has the sophistication and ease Mac users expect from their software. FineReader turns scans, PDFs and digital photos into editable formats, including Apple Pages, Numbers, PDF and e-book formats. With unmatched OCR accuracy and outstanding recognition and conversion capabilities, FineReader Pro for Mac eliminates retyping and reformatting. It fully reproduces the original layout of the document including headers, footers and tables of content.
- Increased Productivity
Retyping content from documents wastes time and effort. FineReader Pro for Mac reduces manual work and makes you more efficient.
- Access to Information
Digital documents should be searchable. Simply scanning a document is not enough. Without searchable text, how can you find it later?
Designed with an easy to use task-oriented interface that guides you through the OCR steps and helps you optimise the recognition results.
- The ADRT® Advantage
Intelligently analyses the document as an entity and reproduces not just text, but special formatting such as headers, footers, footnotes and page numbers.
- Leading Language Support
Supports up to 189 recognition languages.
- Recognised Experience
Based on OCR technology from a market leading expert. ABBYY has received more than 200 awards from leading IT publications and industry groups.
Sophisticated OCR and ADRT® Technologies
- Unmatched OCR accuracy for Mac OS X saves you time by eliminating the need to correct or retype documents.
- Advanced Document Recognition Technology (ADRT) precisely reconstructs the formatting structure of converted documents.
- More languages supported than any other Mac OCR solution. Automatically detects and converts documents in more than 180 languages.
Productivity-Boosting Ease and Compatibility
- Work productively from the start thanks to a single intuitive interface that lets you accomplish even the most complex tasks with ease.
- Seamlessly supports your favorite productivity solutions – from iWorks® and Microsoft Office® to open source applications such as OpenOffice™ Writer.
Perfect for PDFs
- Share, retrieve and store content more easily with the power to create searchable PDFs optimised for archiving.
- Save to PDF/A files for long-term archiving.
- Add or edit PDF content and properties.
Converts Text from Digital Photos
- Capture documents with your smartphone or digital camera and use FineReader to extract and convert the text into an editable format.
- Sophisticated image pre-processing tools automatically make corrections to ensure best results.
- Image Editor tool enables manual editing of digital images.
Makes Sharing Documents Faster and Easier
- Transform paper into digital documents for easy sharing, editing and commenting.
- Email converted documents directly from FineReader.
Creates e-books from Scans and PDF-Files
- FineReader enables you to scan books and articles straight to popular EPUB® and FB2 e-book formats.
- Your e-books are automatically optimised for reading on portable devices.
- A Mac computer with an Intel processor
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, 1 0.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.13 High Sierra
- 1.5 GB available hard disk space for typical program installation and 1 GB for program operation
- Supported with Image Capture Application (ICA) scanners and M FPs (see the list on the Apple web-site: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3669), cameras and smartphones