Activation key must be used on a valid Steam account, requires internet connection.
ABOUT THE GAME
GRAND AGES ROME
is the long awaited sequel to the best-selling strategy game "Imperium Romanum".
You are a Governor of a Roman Province in the time-honoured Roman Empire, its fortune very much lies in your hands. Choose one of five Roman noble families such as Caesar's Julii with different abilities to accomplish the comprehensive missions. Defend yourself against barbarian tribes, trade with other cultures, build a wealthy economic environment and fullfil the needs of your people in a huge single player campaign or with up to 3 human players in the multiplayer mode!
And remember - even Rome was not build in a day!
Featuring 4X Real-Time Strategy:
- Non-linear single player campaign with 40 missions.
- Enhanced, multilevelled economic system and sea trade
- RTS-like battle system and comprehensive research opportunities
- 18 different warfare abilities for your units (like Praetorians, War Elephants, Triarii, etc.)
- Lively huge historical locations like Cyrene, Lugdunum or Rome
- Character development system leads through timeline of history
- Naval warfare and colonization of islands
- Multiplayer mode with many different types of gameplay (co-operative, etc.)
- Full english speech
Set Your Sights on Domination!
Advanced Battle System
- Explore - Journey to ancient Gaul, Britannia, Egypt, and more to colonize barbarians and establish new trade routes.
- Expand - Stake your claim throughout the known world in the name of Rome! Help build the empire through military conquest and economic prowess.
- Exploit - Natural resources are yours for the taking as you establish farming, mining, and logging operations. Raze barbarian villages for riches, labor, and property.
- Exterminate - Destroy all who stand in the way of Rome's glory! Defend your territories by land and sea to secure peace and prosperity for the empire
Take command of 18 different military units, including naval command, elephant cavalry, and mercenary forces. Recruit citizens of Rome, draft captured enemy forces, and pay foreign squads for their special skills. Defend and expand the Empire by land and sea with exciting RTS gameplay.
LAN and online multiplayer functionality with 6 different strategy modes - play competitively or cooperatively. Create buddy lists and challenge your friends to a battle, or use the matching system and take on an unknown foe with the same skill level. Advance your career and increase your rank from praetor to consul and beyond.
Rub shoulders with Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, Cleopatra and more in a non-linear historical campaign featuring over 40 missions. Choose your own fate as you create and destroy alliances with more than 20 different historical figures. Celebrate your victories by erecting legendary monuments such as the Coliseum, Circus Maximus, the Pantheon, and more.
Flow resources eliminate tedious micromanagement, giving you the freedom to create thriving cities with multileveled economic systems. Information overlays visualize the city economy and satisfaction of the people on every location on the map.
- Windows XP or Vista
- 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 / Athlon processor or better
- DirectX 9 compatible 3D graphics card with 128MB Ram
- GeForce 6600 (ATI 9600) or better
- 1 Gb RAM
- 8 x DVD-ROM Drive
- 1.5 Gb free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c