ABOUT THE SOFTWARE
Laplink PCmover Express
10 is a quick and easy way to transfer from one Windows PC to another, saving you hours or days of time.
PCmover's advanced selectivity features lets you choose which Windows settings, documents and files to take with you when you migrate to your new PC.
PCmover Express version is ideal for someone with only one user profile on a PC, transferring it with all of its settings, files, and users to a newer PC.
PCmover Express 10 automatically transfers your old Windows files, users, and personalized settings from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC,
saving hours of time and difficulty when setting up a new PC.
Simply install PCmover on both your old and new Windows computers and start the transfer. PCmover will determine which files, users, and settings need
to be moved, and when the transfer is complete, your new computer will have the personality and functionality of your old PC without anything being
overwritten. PCmover works with almost any Windows operating system, from Windows XP to Windows 10.
Multiple Migration Paths and Options
Laplink PCmover Express can migrate your PC across a network, a Laplink Ethernet cable, or a Laplink USB cable (cables sold separately).
Easy to Use
PCmover Express makes the process of setting up a new Windows PC simple, using a step-by-step "wizard-like" process. PCmover was built
to eliminate the traditional rituals that come with the purchase of a new PC. It offers a ‘hands off’ solution that allows users to recreate
their old computer’s personality and functionality on their new PC, while experiencing minimal downtime.
24/7 Transfer Assistance
Quickly set up your new Windows device with the help of a certified PC migration expert, over the phone or remotely.
Applications transferred to your new Microsoft Windows 10 PC can be accessed by clicking on the application’s “tile”
on the Windows Start screen. To access the Start screen from the Desktop, move your mouse to the lower-left corner of the Desktop,
and click on the Start icon that appears. Once on the Start screen, scroll to the right to find your applications, which will be
listed as individual “tiles”.
Set Up Old PC First
To perform a PCmover transfer, start PCmover on your old PC first. Complete the PCmover screens as directed
in the section Old PC > Setting up the Transfer. Then, when instructed to do so by PCmover, start PCmover on the new PC.
Complete the screens to prepare your new PC and perform the transfer; beginning with the section New PC > Setting up the
Transfer everything across your network or use an optional Laplink high-speed transfer cable. Stop waiting hours
or days with PC setup. The transfer may take quite a while, depending on several factors: the size of the hard drive(s)
you are transferring, the amount of data on them, their level of fragmentation, the number and size of files and folders
you are transferring, and other factors.
Microsoft’s latest version of Windows has significantly reduced the usefulness of Microsoft Windows Easy Transfer. Previously,
Microsoft allowed users to transfer files and settings directly from one Windows PC to another across a network or using an Easy
Transfer Cable. Now, in Microsoft Windows 10, users can only transfer data files using only external media, like an external hard
drive or USB stick.
PCmover Express 10 key features:
NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES
- PC to PC Transfer Scenario Supported: Use PCmover to move from an old PC to a new PC using a wireless or wired network connection, or a high-speed transfer cable.
- Complete Selectivity: Select and copy the data files and settings you choose to your new PC. PCmover Express does not transfer Applications (get PCmover Professional 10 for that)
- Easy user interface: Install PCmover on both of your computers and follow the simple guide to start transferring everything you select to your new PC.
- Faster transfer speeds: PCmover’s enhanced performance speeds finds files faster, and transfers them at lightning speeds to your new PC.
- Undo feature: Quickly reverse changes made to your new PC with PCmover’s easy undo feature.
PCmover Express 10 includes the following new features:
- Transfer speeds up to 200% faster.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft OneDrive.
- Migration experience optimized for working with data stored on cloud providers including OneDrive and Dropbox.
- Improved handling of user accounts including Microsoft Accounts (MSA).
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Processor: Intel® or compatible Pentium® or higher processor
- System RAM: Same as minimum required by operating system.
- HD space: 200 MB of available hard disk space required to run PCmover
- Display screen size: N/A
- Video card: N/A
- Other (internet; browser): N/A
- List of interface languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Korean, Portuguese, Russian.
Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP. PCmover is not designed for migrations from newer operating systems to older operating systems.
For example, we do not recommend attempting to migrate from a PC running Windows 10 to a PC running Windows 7,
as doing so may render your system unstable.