The problem of inevitable degradation of the disk subsystem performance caused by misaligned partitions dates back to the nineties. From being a headache for IT administrators who wanted to get the most out of disk arrays, it's become crucial for all of us with appearance of SSD (solid state drive) and ultra high-capacity hard drives. Moreover, the growing popularity of virtualized systems has aggravated the situation even more. Is the problem that bad? Just see it for yourself
A New Solution from Paragon
Obviously misalignment of logical partition sectors and actual physical sectors leads to redundant read/write operations, which is critical for overall performance, and with SSD, for its lifespan as well. With our PAT 3.0 (Paragon Alignment Tool) you can forget about these problems once and for all. It will help you align partitions on physical and virtual disks according to internal device's geometry without affecting the on-disk data.
Note: Attempt to align encrypted disk or volume with Paragon Alignment Tool results in guaranteed data loss in 100 % of cases!
To align encrypted volumes decrypt the disk or volumes first, then perform alignment with Paragon Alignment Tool. Once alignment completed, re-encrypt the volumes or disk.
Why Paragon Alignment Tool 3.0?
What's new in 3.0 version?
- The only tool that aligns partitions in a single operation
- Guarantees safety for the on-disk system and data
- Boosts performance of disk subsystems up to 3 times
- Significantly increases endurance of SSD drives
- Aligns partitions inside virtual containers and the host
- Aligns partitions on ultra high-capacity 4K hard disks
- Faster alignment engine,
- Support of USB 3.0 devices,
- Availability to tune alignment operation behavior,
- Automated restart of alignment in case of emergency.
For Windows installation:
Supported Operating Systems:
- CPU: Intel Pentium or compatible, 300 MHz or higher processor
- 128 MB RAM
- Disk space: 150 MB
- SVGA video adapter and monitor
- Windows 7 (32-/64-Bit)
- Windows Vista (32-/64-Bit)
- Windows XP Home SP2
- Windows XP Professional SP2/SP3 SP2 (32-/64-Bit)
- Windows 2000 Professional SP4
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2 (32-/64-Bit)
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher