The new Partition Manager 12 Professional is already compatible with Windows 8*. The newly developed partitioning engine and compatibility with all modern technologies and generations of hard drives make the Partition Manager 12 Professional the professional tool for flexible and dependable partitioning.
* The product tested was the Windows 8 Developer’s Preview Edition
Functions and advantages
- NEW: Newly developed partitioning engine
A very powerful partitioning engine which is compatible with all new generations of data devices. Paragon's partitioning engine is more effective than ever before.
- NEW: Divide and merge partitions
The partition layout can be altered flexibly and need not be transferred in a static state. You are free to decide which folders should be filed in which partition.
- Create and alter partitions
Partitions can be created, changed in size, relocated, deleted, hidden, converted, merged and restored
- Quick and easy partitioning
Reliable partitioning without having to reinstall the operating system and without data loss – regardless of whether you're setting up a PC for the first time or using a hard drive with software already installed. NEW: Improved support for hard drives with GPT partition layout and AFDs
- Boot Media Builder – now you can create a rescue environment to suit your individual requirements
The Paragon Boot Media Builder enables you to create a WinPE-based rescue environment on CD, DVD, BD or USB stick, or in the form of an ISO image. This way, all functions can be executed in the rescue environment in case the computer cannot be started.
- Connect VD
Work on virtual and physical hard drives alike. The new version makes it possible to mount virtual drives in read-only mode and create test snapshots in order to test all configurations without destroying the virtual source hard drive.
- NEW: Windows 8* compatible
The software is compatible with Microsoft’s new operating system, even before the official release.
- Including simple backup-function
Allows you to backup the contents of the hard drive before altering or relocating the partitions
Supported operating systems:
- Windows 7 (32-Bit / 64-Bit)
- Windows Vista (32-Bit / 64-Bit)
- Windows XP Home Edition SP2
- Windows XP Professional SP2/SP3 (32-Bit / 64-Bit)
- Intel Pentium processor with at least 300 MHz or equivalent
- 128 MB RAM
- 350 MB free hard drive space
- Internet Explorer version 5.0 or newer
- SVGA graphics card