Requires the base game Total War™: ROME II in order to play. Activation key must be used on a valid Steam account, requires internet connection.
ABOUT THE GAME
Become the scourge of the ancient world with the Total War™: ROME II - Pirates & Raiders Culture Pack. Introducing a new playable
culture consisting of three new raiding-focused factions, Pirates & Raiders brings new buildings, technologies, religion, faction traits,
battlefield and naval units to Total War: ROME II.
Players can now plunder the campaign map as the Ardiaei of Illyria, and the Thracian tribes of Tylis and the Odrysian Kingdom.
With their own rosters of military and naval units, distinct traits and play styles, these Balkan factions offer a new and unique
way to experience the Grand Campaign in ROME II.
New Balkan cultural traits
– Tylis, the Ardiaei and the Odrysian Kingdom are all adept raiders, snatching wealth
from under the noses of the other factions, and fight with great conviction in enemy territory. So warlike are these tribes, their
populations are actually happier when at war with their neighbours.
New faction traits
– Each of the Balkan factions has its own starting position on the campaign map and its own set of
faction traits, making a unique Grand Campaign experience. All are accomplished brigands; in addition, The Illyrians of the Ardiaei favour piracy,
the Thracians of the Odrysian Kingdom are excellent archers, while the people of Tylis, heirs to the Celtic migrations into Asia Minor, train their
new melee infantry recruits to a high standard.
– The Ardiaei and Odrysian Kingdom both feature their own unique religious building chains, which bring numerous
benefits and effects to their campaign gameplay.
– The Ardiaei and Odrysian Kingdom both feature their own unique technologies, which enable the player to unlock
key new units and effects which replace parts of the core Barbarian culture technology trees.
– Sharing much with their Celtic forbears, the factions of the Balkan culture principally employ the core Barbarian
unit-roster, with the following new units available for each faction:
- Illyrian Marines: Highly trained, medium-armoured spear infantry.
- Illyrian Raiders: Fast-moving, axe-wielding stealth infantry.
- Illyrian Noble Hoplites: Well-drilled, very heavily armoured infantry.
- Raiding Hemiola: Fast boarding-craft manned by Illyrian Raiders.
- Assault Hexeres: Huge assault-barge manned by Illyrian Raiders.
- Assault Tetreres: Large assault-barge manned by Illyrian Raiders.
- Thracian Horsemen: Fast-moving, spear-armed medium cavalry.
- Gallo-Thracian Warriors: Fast-moving, hard-hitting sword infantry.
- Tribal Warriors: well-armoured medium swordsmen, great in defence.
- Raiding Horsemen: Noble multirole, armed with javelin and sword.
– The soldiers of the raiding nations know well the value of coin and will ply their fearsome
skills at the behest of others. When playing as another faction, the following mercenaries and auxiliaries will be available to you
when recruiting from within the indicated territory:
- Mercenary Thracian Warriors: Superior sword-wielding melee infantry. (Thracia)
- Mercenary Falxmen: Melee infantry wielding the vicious curve-bladed falx. (Dacia)
- Mercenary Dacian Skirmishers: Excellent, javelin-armed skirmishers. (Dacia)
- Mercenary Illyrian Raiders: Fast-moving, axe-wielding stealth infantry. (Illyria)
- Raiding Hemiola: Fast attack barge manned by Mercenary Illyrian Raiders (Illyria)
- Auxiliary Thracian Warriors: Superior sword-wielding melee infantry. (Thracia)
- Auxiliary Falxmen: Melee infantry wielding the vicious curve-bladed falx. (Dacia)
- Auxiliary Dacian Skirmishers: Excellent, javelin-armed skirmishers. (Dacia)
- Auxiliary Illyrian Raiders: Fast-moving, axe-wielding stealth infantry.(Illyria)
- OS: Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
- Memory: 1GB RAM (XP), 2GB RAM (Vista / Windows 7, Windows 8)
- Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (Shader Model 3)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Screen resolution: 1024x768 minimum
- OS: Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Processor: 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor or greater
- Memory: 2GB RAM (XP), 4GB RAM (Vista / Windows 7, Windows 8)
- Graphics: 1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
- DirectX®: 11
- Screen resolution: 1280x1024 minimum
- Operating System: OS X 10.7.5
- Processor: 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
- RAM: 4GB
- Video Card: 512 MB AMD Radeon HD 4850, NVidia GeForce 640 or Intel HD 4000
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Operating System: OS X 10.7.5 (or later)
- Processor: 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 (or greater)
- RAM: 8GB
- Video Card: 1 GB NVidia 750 (or better)
- Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
Unsupported graphics chipsets for Mac: NVidia GeForce 9 series, GeForce 300 series, GeForce Quadro series, AMD Radeon HD 4000, Radeon HD 2000 series.
Additional Minimum System Requirement:
Note that the Unit Detail option in the graphics setting menu must be set to Medium or above in order for dismemberment effects to be seen. Blood effects will display at all settings.