Activation key must be used on a valid Steam account. Requires internet connection.
ABOUT THE GAME
World War 1 Centennial Edition is the latest and improved edition of 2008’s release World War One, the ambitious game covering all of the Great War 1914 to 1918.
- Game has a new look showing the elevations and trees better.
- All leaders portraits recreated in colour from historical picture
- All units portraits have been redone
New Engine Improvements:
- New 1917 scenario, all theaters included.
- More accurate OOBs
- New Intro Video
- Much faster engine (x5), compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 7
- Dynamic display of weathers (rain and snow) Enlarged screen resolution to accommodate latest PC standards
- Better handling of sprites and description of moves
- More AI improvements making the game much more challenging
- All fixes as received from players since 2008, to improve game play and experience, and previous changes since game launch included in both versions
- The game is played in alternating phases of giving orders followed by simultaneous execution, with an original three-modes turn-base resolution
- A large selection of Scenarios (10) and Campaigns (6)
- 8 playable major nations, dozens of different troops, planes and ships, hundreds of military, economic, political and technological events, over 200 historical leaders with unique abilities
- An original diplomatic system, with your ambassadors to send all over the world to alter the balance of power between the Entente (i.e. Allies) and the Central Powers
- Organize armies, manage supply, produce munitions, recruits and new weapons, use sea and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command (if politics allows), take care of your nation’s will to fight!
- Break the trench warfare deadlock by pursuing technological research or fighting the economic blockade
- Play secret stratagems to influence the course of events with famous characters like Lawrence of Arabia, Mata Hari, Lenin or the Red Baron
- Fight for victory: it can be military or political, as national will, population morale and parliament all play a crucial role.
- Playable via LAN or over the Internet in multiplayer mode
- Operating system: Windows 7/8 (Does not support 98 or 2000)
- Processor: Pentium® IV 1800+ MHz
- Memory: 2048 Mo RAM
- Hard disk space: 4Gb free on hard disk
- Video: 256 Mo DirectX 9.0c
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or more
- Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
- Special multiplayer requirements: Internet Connection for multiplayer