World War One Gold Edition
You can choose to play as Kitchener, Joffre, Luddendorf, Clemenceau, Czar Nicholas II or Enver Pasha. Supreme Commander of Armies or Head of State, the tools for victory are lying all around you, but can you identify them in time and, next, use them to maximum efficiency? Remember, men’s lives depend on it.
Players are military and political leaders trying to lead the troops, fleets, diplomats and economy of their respective nations to victory, in the midst of some of the toughest operations during those four years of the “War to End All Wars”.
Some of the key years of campaign between 1914 and 1918 are playable via a separate scenario.
Smaller scenarios will allow recreation of some limited theatre campaigns, while advanced ones will of course recreate the complete Grand Campaign covering the whole war from August 1914.
What-if scenarios with alternative warplans and course of events in the openings rounds of the summer of 1914 are included for alternative gameplay.
World War One Gold is the latest and improved edition of 2008’s release World War One, the ambitious game covering all of the Great War 1914 to 1918.
New Gold features:
- Game now has a new map north-south oriented and with a more vivid look, and including new graphic display for submarine warfare.
- Battle Logs (to read battles) and Army Roster (to find out forces)
- Stacks and Armies/Fleets Management window
- New 1915 scenario, all theaters included.
- War Plans and Diplomats Management window now allow to manage all controller powers in a single place.
New Gold Improvements:
- Most events popup notification windows now can be browsed more comfortably and allow to center quickly the map on the concerned areas
- WW1 Configuration Tool allows to select the new Gold map view or the old map mode
- Map interface has been improved in some key points to let a fast access to the most important information
- Many AI improvements have been introduced, thus making the game much more challenging
- All fixes as received from players since 2008, to improve game play and experience, and previous changes since game launch included in both versions
And Always …Key Features
- The game is played in alternating phases of giving orders followed by simultaneous execution, with an original three-mode(s) turn-base resolution
- A large selection of Scenarios (10) and Campaigns (5)
- 8 playable major nations, dozens of different troops, planes and ships, hundreds of military, economic, political and technological events, over 200 historical leaders with unique abilities
- An original diplomatic system, with your ambassadors to send all over the world to alter the balance of power between the Entente (i.e. Allies) and the Central Powers
- Organize armies, manage supply, produce munitions, recruits and new weapons, use sea and rail moves, and put the best leaders in command (if politics allows), take care of your nation’s will to fight!
- Break the trench warfare deadlock by pursuing technological research or fighting the economic blockade
- Play secret stratagems to influence the course of events with famous characters like Lawrence of Arabia, Mata Hari, Lenin or the Red Baron
- Fight for victory: it can be military or political, as national will, population morale and parliament all play a crucial role.
- Playable via LAN or over the Internet in multiplayer mode
- AGEOD’s recognized dedication to historicity, realism, fun gameplay and good-looking games!
Required system :
- OS : Windows XP/Vista - DirectX 9.0c or more
- Processor : Pentium® IV 1800+ MHz
- 4 Gb free on hard disk
- 2 Gb RAM
- Video card : 256 Mb
- DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Screen resolution : 1024 x 768 or more
- OS : Windows XP/Vista - DirectX 9.0c ou plus
- Processeur : Pentium® IV 1800+ MHz
- Espace disque dur : 4 Go d’espace libre
- Mémoire vive : 2 Go RAM
- Vidéo : 256 Mo
- Son : Carte son compatible DirectX 9.0c
- Affichage : 1024 x 768 ou plus